Emma Higgins - Printmaker

Emma Higgins - Printmaker
EmEmma Higgins - Printmakerma Higgins - Printmaker

Emma Higgins - Printmaker


Thursday, 15 November 2012

A new lino print I'm working on...

I live in a beautiful part of Devon with two long sandy beaches just five minutes walk away. I've just started work on a new print of Paignton Pier.



I'll try to photograph the different stages of making the print so that you can see how I'm getting on.

Here you can see the lino shapes that I have cut out. I've cut 5 separate pieces as I plan to use 5 different colours in the final print.
 


 I have started by printing the sky using grey and then pure blue mixed with white.
 
Next I've added the sea in a darker blue...
                                                      
                                                                           and the sand...


 
 
Here you can see I've printed the pier... just need to let it dry before I can add a mount.
 
 
 Finished and ready for sale @ http://folksy.com/items/3893438-Pier-lino-print-
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment